Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teacher Feature: Madame Gregory

By Katie Benjamin & Katie Budinger

Q: What subject do you teach?
A: French

Q: How many years have you been teaching at Wood Hill?
A: Since 2002, when the school opened.

Q: Is it fun working with your husband (Mr. Gregory)?
A:I hardly ever see him, so it's like I don't even work with him. Only at home do we talk, and we talk about school then.

Q: What's something we'd never guess about you?
A: I had one of the best three times for the 60 yard dash in France. I also won a writing award, medals for track and was a hurdling champion.

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?
A: I like to garden, run, ride my bike and also do crafts like paint.

Q: Where did you go to school? What was it like?
A: School in France was hard, says Gregory. The days were from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There was lots of work involved and doing well in school was important in life.

Q: Where have you traveled?
A: I have been to Africa, all around Europe, across America on a bus at age 22, and Hawaii.

Q: Is French your first language?
A: It is my first language.

Q: When did you come to the U.S.?
A: I came to the U.S. in 1978 or 79.

Q: What was the same in France and the U.S? What was it like moving here?
A: It was very, very difficult, leaving friends, family, culture, habits, you have to learn everything. I miss my sisters. This country is very different. In size, the U.S. is a new country, and France a small, old country.

No comments:

Post a Comment