Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

7 West Field Trip to Hindu Temple

By Pritha Yalakkishettar

On Dec. 4, 7 West is going on a field trip to the Sri Chinmaya Maruti temple (check out pics below) in Andover to learn more about Hinduism. This field trip is going along with the Social Studies curriculum of the 5 major religions, with Hinduism as one of them.  

This is going to be interesting for me because as a Hindu I go to this temple every Sunday for my Sunday school. It’s kind of like going to church for me. When we go on Sundays, we learn many, many things about Hinduism and Buddhism. We learn lessons and hear lots of stories. I’m kind of excited to see how my classmates are going to like it.

Chinmaya Mission was founded by Swami Chinmayananda in 1953. There are approximately 400 centers all across the world. I’m so happy that a huge piece of my culture is right here in Andover!


No comments:

Post a Comment